Our first take at a vegan, ethically made, sustainable classic coat had to be the Pea Coat.
It was introduced initially into our permanent collection in 2020.
Originally worn by sailors, the Pea Coat is designed to keep you warm and shielded from the harshest weather. The first references of this coat date back to the 1720’s, our coat maintains the vintage style in form and function in a navy blue traditional pea silhouette with double-breasted front, wide notch lapels and a single vent.
We did not want to create a coat that was just styled to look the part. We wanted to create a coat you could wrap around you and feel protected for years to come. To keep you warm our Pea Coat has a thermal insulated lining made in Italy from 100% recycled polyester (100% RPU certified to ISO 14021:2016, Oeko Tex® standard 100 certificate 960031.0). So it lasts for many seasons to come, our Pea Coat has been cut from a thick gauge fabric made in Italy using Supima® cotton grown in the USA under the Better Cotton Initiative (Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified certificate 1108929.0).
Supima cotton has an extra long staple (fibre) length which gives the coat a beautiful softness and luster, it is also very strong and is more resistant to pilling. The front of the jacket is embellished with matt finish buttons made from recycled compressed paper and resin (Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified).
You can put your carry essentials into the two deep slip pockets. The coat is lined from our Italian made REACH certified viscose, the silky finish allows easy sliding over layers. One of the reasons for the Pea Coats timeless appeal is its ability to enhance a variety of outfits from tailoring to slim denim with our recycled knitwear and Work Boots. Like everything we make & do, our clothing is certified Carbon Neutral.
There is no packaging waste, we only use biodegradable plastic free packaging from the paper bags to the paper tape we use to seal them. Your delivery is certified Carbon Neutral, if you choose to use our 365 days free returns and exchanges service, that is certified Carbon Neutral too.
This Pea Coat is ethically produced in small batches in the heart of Tuscany, Italy.
- Designed to last for many seasons to come, cut from thick gauge fabric made in Italy using Supima cotton grown in the USA under the Better Cotton Initiative (Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified certificate 1108929 0)
- Stay warm with the thermal insulated lining made in Italy from 100% recycled polyester (100% RPU certified to ISO 14021:2016, Oeko Tex® standard 100 certificate 9600310)
- The front of the jacket is embellished with matt finish buttons made from recycled compressed paper and resin (Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified) You can put your carry essentials into the two deep slip pockets and there is a button up pocket inside
- The coat is lined from our Italian made REACH certified viscose, its silky feel allows you to easily slide this coat over layers
- You can put your carry essentials into the two deep slip pockets
Ethics & Sustainability
This product is certified carbon-neutral
It's delivered to you through our carbon-neutral supply chain in paper and cardboard packaging
You can return it free of charge for 365 days with our paperless carbon-neutral returns service
Use our return to recycle service when this product's at its end of life
Always and forever vegan
Made in Italy
Exactly what I wanted. Beautiful design and excellent quality.
Surprisingly warm too
I love the fit and feel of the pea coat and have had loads of comments on it. Fab